Livres Canada Books is currently seeking a full-time Programs Officer.
Founded in 1972, Livres Canada Books is a not-for-profit organization based in Ottawa. Its mandate is to support Canadian-owned and controlled book publishers’ export sales activities in order to help publishers improve their overall export results. As the only national industry association for English and French-language book publishers, Livres Canada Books connects all publishers across Canada, providing services in both official languages.
Reporting to the Senior Programs Manager, the Programs Officer provides administrative and operational support for ongoing Foreign Rights Marketing Assistance Program (FRMAP) activities and for all activities relating to the coordination of the Canada stand. The Officer also provides assistance to the Senior Programs Manager in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Receive and analyze funding applications submitted by publishers and provide follow-up communication as required
- Provide administrative support in researching and writing program guidelines, application forms and sample documents for distribution to publishers
- Collect and disseminate information to publishers and Livres Canada Books staff on international book fairs
- Prepare, process, and distribute Contribution Agreements, including all supporting communication
- Provide support with the planning of webinars and trade missions
- Provide support with internal and external requests for information regarding funding programs, Canada stands, webinars and trade missions in both official languages
- Provide support to the Senior Programs Manager and other Livres Canada Books’ staff in preparations for international trade shows
- Set and handle the records management system on processing and status of the analysis of eligible publishers
- Provide support with technical, logistics, administrative and registration processes for the continued involvement of publishers in international book fairs
- Post-secondary education in related field or related experience
- Strong project coordination experience
- Administrative support abilities
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Previous work experience (2-3 years)
- Strong interpersonal skills at a professional level
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fluency in English and French (essential)
- Knowledge of the book publishing industry is considered an asset
Livres Canada Books offers competitive benefits and vacation and an office in the heart of downtown Ottawa. Enjoy working with and supporting publishers from across Canada and liaising with international publishers, experts, and associations.
Applicants are asked for forward their resume and cover letter, by February 7, 2020 to email@example.com
All enquiries and applications will be treated respectfully and in total confidence. Livres Canada Books supports equal opportunities for all.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.