Elements of Indigenous Style
A Guide for Writing By and About Indigenous Peoples
Author/Illustrator/Editor: Gregory Younging
Elements of Indigenous Style offers Indigenous writers and editors—and everyone creating works about Indigenous Peoples—the first published guide to common questions and issues of style and process. Everyone working in words or other media needs to read this important new reference, and to keep it nearby while they’re working.
This guide features:
- Twenty-two succinct style principles.
- Advice on culturally appropriate publishing practices, including how to collaborate with Indigenous Peoples, when and how to seek the advice of Elders, and how to respect Indigenous Oral Traditions and Traditional Knowledge.
- Terminology to use and to avoid.
- Advice on specific editing issues, such as biased language, capitalization, and quoting from historical sources and archives.
- Case studies of projects that illustrate best practices.
|Date||ISBN||BISAC Code||Thema||Rights available|
|English||Paperback / softback||5.5 x 7.5||C$19.95||168|