2020 Frankfurt Book Fair
VIRTUAL CANADA STAND AT FRANKFURT 2020
Livres Canada Books is registered as a virtual collective exhibitor at this year’s special edition of the Frankfurt Book Fair.
Thursday, October 15th at 10:00 EDT / 16:00 CEST
Join us for a lively discussion on the future of scholarly publishing as we consider the impact that changes in research and teaching methods, scholarly communication, and dissemination are having on Canadian academic publishers, and what these changes will mean in an international context. From the shift toward open access and digital delivery to an increasing need for diversity and indigenization within our programs, scholarly publishers need to lead the change when it comes to the curation and distribution of scholarly knowledge and research. This panel will speculate on what this will mean for publishers, as well as for the future dissemination of both Canadian-published scholarship in the world and internationally published scholarship in Canada.
- Hamish Cameron, Vice-President, Distribution University of Toronto Press
- Patrick Poirier, Directeur général Les Presses de l’Université de Montréal
- Lisa Quinn, Director, Wilfrid Laurier University Press
Moderator: John Maxwell, Director & Associate Professor Simon Fraser University, School of Publishing
Friday, October 16th at 10:00 EDT/ 16:00 CEST
Join this online session offering a deep dive into Canada’s rich and diverse publishing landscape. The panellists will provide a comprehensive analysis of Canada’s trade and children’s book markets, along with the perspectives of Indigenous and French-language authors and illustrators. Highlighting publishing in multiple languages and genres, the session will provide an expert view on Canadian publishing from some of its most active stakeholders, both at home and abroad.
- Simon de Jocas, President Les Éditions Les 400 coups
- Neil Christopher, Publisher & Co-Founder Inhabit Media
- Louise Flaherty, Publisher & Co-Founder Inhabit Media
- Semareh Al-Hillal, President House of Anansi Press and Groundwood Books
- Simone Bühler, Head of GoH Programme, Frankfurter Buchmesse (no speaker, only participant at Q&A at the end of the session)
Moderator: Catherine Mitchell, Consultant / Catherine Mitchell Consulting