Exporting to Colombia
The Colombian publishing industry represents one of Latin America’s most exciting emerging book markets. Home to established and emerging literary presses, as well as a rich network of national and local book fairs, libraries and bookstores, Colombia boasts a dynamic publishing industry. With strong export relationships in other Latin American book markets, Colombian publishers are poised to build bridges with other international markets.
Take this opportunity to hear what Colombia has to offer as a potential export market for your books.
- An overview of the book industry in Colombia
- Reading and book buying habits
- The state of publishing, distribution, and retail
- Book fairs in Colombia
- Statistics on the Bogotá International Book Fair (FILBo) and opportunities for Canadian publishers
- Licensing co-editions, rights sales, translations, and digital rights
- Selling French-language and English-language titles into Colombia
- Key players
- And much more…
Sandra Pulido Urrea
Social Communicator of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana with an emphasis on Editorial and Multimedia Production. Sandra began working in the publishing industry at Grupo Editorial Norma as Licensing Editor, a position she held for three years. Then she was part of the professional team at 3J Editores, initially as Product Manager and later as Editorial Director with business responsibilities, over a period of four years. She has also lived in Mexico where she was the Director of the Financial Education Expo, being responsible for the academic and cultural program and the event as a business. She returned to Colombia in September 2016 where she began her current position with the Colombian Book Chamber as Fairs Manager and Director of the Bogotá International Book Fair.
Watch a recording of this webinar